Family Day at Children’s National Hospital Day
May 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
This coming May, Hillcrest Center is hosting a Family Day at Children’s National Hospital in recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month. We are partnering with the U.S. Attorney’s Office Heroin and Opioid Task Force for this special event. We will be feeding families from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Our goal is to provide 60 individuals with food and resources for mental health and substance use disorder.
Facts about the Children’s National Hospital NICU
- Their NICU is designated Level IV, providing the highest level of neonatal care for more than 800 babies a year.
- Their nursery has clinical teams that take care of babies requiring special surgery for birth defects and other disorders.
We want to engage and educate the families about the benefits of behavioral health services and remove the stigma for health seeking individuals. If you would like to support this event with a financial contribution, click here.
We are putting together 60 kits to help the families during their hospital stay.
Those kits will include:
- Travel size toiletries – deodorant
- Travel size toiletries – lotion
- Travel size toiletries – shampoo and conditioner
- Travel size toiletries – soft tooth brushes and toothpaste (for children and adults)
- Children’s sippy cups
If you would like to make an in-kind donation click here.
All donations need to be collected before Friday, May 11, 2018. Thank you in advance for your support!