At Hillcrest Center, we put our consumers first offering up-to-date clinical services in a confidential, caring environment. By doing so, we dig deep into the core of the matter to discover the root of the problems and to find the best resolutions. We are dedicated and committed to establishing good working relationships with each of our consumers. Depending on the individual needs, our services range from a single discipline consultation to a full team evaluation. We pride ourselves on offering the community a continuum of mental health and substance abuse programs such as:
- Individual, Group, and Family Therapy: Counseling for individuals, groups and families to resolve symptoms of behavioral, emotional, social, and cognitive disorders.
- Psychiatric Evaluation: An intensive psychiatric and psycho-social evaluation of the emotional and behavioral problems
- Parenting Education: Individuals and groups learn and practice skills essential to successful child rearing and healthy family relationships
- Anger and Stress Management: Individual and group counseling to help consumers handle feelings and life stressors in positive ways
- Adult Substance Abuse Treatment: Group and Individual Addiction Counseling
- Community Support Services: Support consumers in mental health recovery and promote self-reliance and self-sufficiency; help clients manage symptoms as a result of mental health diagnosis.
Hillcrest offers the following specialty services for adults.
- Health Home Program: A multidisciplinary team which advocates and coordinates primary health and behavioral health services for clients.
- Assertive Community Treatment: A multidisciplinary team that is engaged in serving people with chronic substance use, mental illness, homelessness, in order to minimizing unnecessary hospitalization and emergency room visits due to psychiatric emergencies and improve their overall quality of life.
- Supportive Employment: Supported employment program is to provide evidence based support and assist with employment services for our clients. Through a multi-tiered method of wellness, we will help clients with obtaining education and skills for employment opportunities.
- Supportive Housing: Designed to find and support our clients in housing based on their choice and level of care.
- Recovery Support Services: Recovery Support Management assists clients with the implementation of the recovery support plan.
- Spiritual Support Services: The purpose of Spiritual Support Services is to provide strategies on how a client can incorporate spirituality into their recovery process.
- The Road Home: Hillcrest Center operates a Short Term Family Housing site located at the W. J. Rolark Building in support of Mayor Muriel Bowser’s initiative to end homelessness.
- Wellness Recovery Action Program: A peer led self-advocacy program designed to promote peer support and develop a tool-box for building resilience. These groups offer adult and adolescent peers.
- Individual and Group Therapy: Covers broad topics including conflict resolution, wellness, grief and loss, trauma, domestic violence.